Most people who have tried Soya chunks can tell you one thing, it’s an acquired taste but once you get used to it you will reap the benefits of this superfood.
Made from textured soya protein and natural soybeans, soya chunks are a good source of protein, polyunsaturated fats and a high amount of Omega-3 fatty acids.
According to parashospitals.com, you should add this protein to your diet for the following reasons:
- It contains polyunsaturated fats which help lower cholesterol in your body, reducing the chance of heart diseases
- Due to good fibre content, it helps you keep a close check on your body weight and fight diabetes.
- It enhances bone health and digestion.
- It is known for high protein content – its exceeds than eggs, meat, milk.
- It is known to reduce the risk of osteoporosis in menopausal women and also ease other symptoms as it’s a good source of isoflavones.
- It’s a good source of minerals namely- Manganese, Iron, Calcium, and Magnesium.
- It’s also a good source of Vitamin B, vitamin-K, Riboflavin, and Folate.
- It’s high content of magnesium has shown results in fighting insomnia.
- Since it’s a good source of Omega- 3 fatty acids and fibre, it can benefit in lowering down cholesterol levels in a body.