New twist emerges as police claim that Pakistani journalist Arshad Sharif and his driver shot at them.

According to Kenyan police, the driver of the vehicle that killed Pakistani journalist Arshad Sharif allegedly fired at them, wounding a GSU officer before returning fire and instantly killing him.

The police report dated October 23, 2022, issued by National Police Spokesperson Bruno Shioso, which claimed that Sharif was slain in a case of mistaken identity, glaringly omits the most recent allegations.

In Kajiado North, Esonorua and Tinga villages were visited by Citizen TV because of the unanswered concerns surrounding the inexplicable murder of the journalist.

The van transporting Sharif from Kwenia camp passed these two retail centers just moments after he allegedly was shot dead at a roadblock staffed by GSU officers in the Kamukuru district.

Residents claimed to have heard from the area assistant chief that a Mercedes Benz sprinter with the license plate KDJ 700F—suspected to have been stolen from the Pangani region—had arrived in the neighborhood and that security authorities had asked them to set up roadblocks to deter the criminals.

Residents in Esonorua and Tinga didn’t learn that the car had past a GSU traffic block without halting until after two road blocks had been put in place.

The inhabitants were startled when the vehicle passed them even though they had maintained a safe distance from it so they could see it approaching because it was a different model than the one they had been briefed on.

The car drove to the owner of Kwenia camp’s second farm in the Tinga region, where they halted outside the gate.

Residents said that Ahmed, the driver, was unscathed but Sharif, who was in the passenger seat, was dead from a gunshot wound to the head.

After waiting for 30 minutes, police officials from Kiserian Police Station arrived and took the deceased’s body.

The gloves that were used to transfer Sharif’s body from the automobile to the police van were left just in front of the farm’s entrance.

However, a police report dated October 23 from the Magadi Field Campus contains more questions than answers because it alleged that Sharif’s car’s occupants fired at police officers manning the road block in Kamukuru when they challenged them to halt.

The police stated that they started shooting after one of the GSU officers was shot at by the car’s passengers, inflicting injury.

The police assert that Sharif was killed during the shootout and that one of the car’s tires was shot in an effort to stop them. The driver continued for 20 kilometers before coming to a stop.

A team of top security officials from the Pakistani government has been dispatched in the meanwhile to investigate the circumstances surrounding the journalist’s death.

The team is anticipated to deliver a report on its findings to the Pakistan Interior Ministry under the leadership of Arthar Waheed, Director of the Federal Investigation Agency, and Omar Shahid Hamid, Deputy Director of the Intelligence Bureau.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.