Kericho: 6 family members perish in a house fire.

After a family of six lost their lives in a house fire on Sunday night, shock and anguish descended onto Tumoek village in Kapkwen location, Kipkelion West constituency.

Police said they believe a battery explosion started the fire, which was stoked by petrol from a chainsaw that was inside the house.

A solar panel powered the batteries.

The patriarch of the house, according to Kericho police, lost his wife, three children, sister, and his brother’s wife in the catastrophe. In a single wood-framed house where the victims were all sleeping.

His two sleeping sons in the separate kitchen home made it out safely.

At the time of publication, the burned remains of the victims had not yet been removed from the scene.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply