Reports have confirmed that the Azimio team led by legal expert Paul Mwangi will file the presidential election petition on Monday before 2PM.
One of the respondents to the petition is the IEBC and its chairman Wafula Chebukati. To defend the announcement of Ruto as president elect, the commission needs good lawyers. As a result, the commission has contracted a team of close to ten legal experts. Below is the list.
1. Former Attorney general Githu Muigai. He is the lead expert leading the team of ten other experts. In 2017, IEBC chose Paul Mwite as lead lawyer.
2. Kamau Karori. Admitted to the bar in 1996 with vast experience in arbitration, commercial and banking litigation and human rights.
3. Abdikadir Mohammed. University of Nairobi and Havard Law School graduate. Was part of the Parliamentary committee on constitutional affairs that saw the drafting of the 2010 constitution.
4. Eric Gumbo – he was part of the team that represented the Isaac Hassan led commission in 2013 presidential election petition.
5. Wambua Kilonzo
6. Peter Wanyama
7. George Murugu
8. Mahat Somane. Havard trained.
9. Cyprian Wekesa. 1987 University of Nairobi graduate. Admitted to the Bar in 1988.
10. Edwin Mukele. UON graduate, admitted to Bar in 2003, 15 years experience.