With the weather changing in Kenya, there have been rising cases of colds and flu with residents reporting symptoms ranging from a runny nose to sore throat and aching joints.
While there is no way to cure a flu, there are some ways to ease the symptoms to get relief.
If you are under the weather from a cold or flu, try these tips to find some relief:
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated: You can take water, soups and other fluids, the warmer they are, the better. The famous dawa concoction of ginger, lemon and honey tea is also said to offer relief
- If the symptoms are too much, you can seek medical care and get some medication to find some relief
- Get a steamy bath: This is said to help relieve stuffiness
- Try using a humidifier to ease congestion
- Get enough rest to gain strength and avoid spreading the contagious flu